The Academy experience is intended to develop institutional culture and increase institutional commitment to assessing and improving student learning. Participation in the Academy is designed to generate evidence for accreditation evaluations and follow-up.
Download the Academy Application to apply. Contact the
for more information.
Already a member of the Academy Network? Log in.
The Academy for Assessment of Student Learning offers HLC member institutions a four-year sequence of events and interactions that are focused on student learning, targeted at accelerating and advancing efforts to assess and improve student learning, and designed to build institution-wide commitment to assessment of student learning.
Participation in the Academy
- participation may serve as the Quality Initiative in the Open Pathway.
- participation may serve in place of one or more AQIP action projects.
- participation can produce evidence for Criteria and Core Components for accreditation evaluation.
Other outcomes of participation include the following:
- Further establish institutional commitment to teaching, to student learning, and to assessing, confirming, and improving student learning
- Achieve intended results defined by student learning projects and action portfolio
- Accelerate efforts to assess, confirm, and improve student learning
- Improve institutional capacity to assess, confirm, and improve student learning
- Develop institutional leaders and mentors
- Test and document effective practices in assessing, confirming and improving student learning
- Interact with diverse institutions, building a collaborative network for ongoing comparison of efforts and results
- Establish and build a sustained, ongoing commitment around student learning
For more information, please contact Kim Davis.